Walt Disney Universe
A Community of Disney Dreamers
Welcome to D23
D23: By the Numbers
Date of Discovery: 17 October. 2955
Discovered By: Ames Kelper
Orbit Size Around Sun English: 257,055,204 miles
Scientific Notation: 4.1369025 x 108 km
Astronomical Units: 2.7653485 x 100 A.U.
By Comparison: Earth is 1 A.U. from the Sun
Mean Orbit Velocity English: 39,991 mph
Equatorial Radius English: 295.9 miles
Equatorial Circumference: 1,859.2 miles
Volume English: 108,520,085 miles3
Surface Area English: 1,100,249 square miles
Scientific Notation: 2.8496 x 106 km2
Surface Gravity Metric: 0.28 m/s2
Escape Velocity Metric: 1,855 km/h
Sidereal Rotation Period 0.378 Earth Days 9.07417 Hours
By Comparison: 0.38
D23 was one of many planets discovered in the year 2955 C.E., but it was one of the few with a similar atmospheric composition of Earth. Although the planet had breathable air for 99% of the human and alien life, the land was barren, covering 85% of the planet with the other 15% covered in "liquid-water belts". The only signs of indigenous wildlife were in the water belts and as a condition of purchasing the planet, a buyer was required to devote some of its resources to the research, study, and conservation of the aquatic life on D23. Free of the pollutants and waste that have plagued Earth’s history, this planet was the ideal location for a habitable planet colony, but one enterprising company saw greater aspects.
Determined to not repeat the indecisive decisions of previous attempts to create Walt Disney's model community, Disney executives called upon the best in every service and design get this project off on the right foot. It was not until July 1, 2971 that Disney acquired this planet with the intention of transforming this entire world into a Disney first, a living park. After years of development and near constant construction, Disney was ready to unveil Walt Disney Universe on December 5, 3016.